my review here Granite countertops continue to be very popular in http://gustavosylvestre.com/politica/no-conozco-ningun-movil-para-su-suicidio-dijo-el-abogado-de-fabian-rodriguez/ Toronto homes and all around the world. Rated 6 on the Mohs scale of mineral hardness, just behind quartz, it is a beautiful natural material that provides a very durable surface in the kitchen. However, if you want to make sure that you get the best quality surface you can afford, there are a few things that you should avoid doing.
citas por internet en esparragal What Not to Do When Purchasing Granite Countertops.
- like this Making Your Choice Based on a Sample Alone – Granite is a naturally occurring ignaceous rock that is formed over millions of years, meaning that no two pieces are ever identical. For this reason, you should always ask to see the actual slab that the company you are dealing with propose to use to make your new countertop. If you make your choice based on a sample, you could very well be disappointed when the finished article is installed in your kitchen.
- Using Unsealed Granite Countertops – When buying a new work surface for your kitchen, you need to make sure that it is sealed if it is made from granite. If not, you will either need to seal it yourself or hire a professional to do the job for you. The reason for this is that it is a porous material and will stain easily if it has not been sealed prior to being installed.
- Installing on Top of Inexpensive Cabinets – If you have inexpensive cupboards in your kitchen, featuring MDF panels that are stapled together, rather than solid timber with tongue and groove joints, it is not a good idea to buy a granite work surface to install over them. It can weigh as much as 12.8lbs per square foot, so it needs solid support.
- Hiring an Installer Who Does Not Provide Warranties – Any company that claims to be able to install granite surfaces properly, should have enough confidence in their installation team to offer a lengthy warranty. If they do not, keep looking. There are many companies, such as ourselves, supplying and installing attractively priced, high quality countertops made from this beautiful rock, so there is no need to compromise to save a few dollars.
- Not Reading the Installation Contract – Following on from the above point, you need to check the terms and conditions of the installation contract you are offered before making a commitment. This applies whether you are buying your worktop from one company and having it installed by another or paying one firm for both the supply and installation of your granite countertops.
- Choosing an Installer on Price – If you are going to go to the expense of buying a beautiful new granite work surface, you should make sure that you have it installed by a skilled and experienced professional. It would be a false economy to hire an inexperienced installer as the way that your countertop is installed will play a big part in how good it looks once in situ. An unskilled installer can make an excellent piece of granite look awful. Conversely, a highly experienced and skilled installer can make a relatively poor piece of stone look absolutely stunning.
Choose Companies with an Excellent Reputation
To minimize the chances of anything going wrong, either at the supply or installation stage, it is a good idea to limit yourself to dealing with well-established companies that have a reputation for providing first class products and customer service, like MaxSpace Stoneworks. When you are shopping for something like granite countertops, which could well last a lifetime, it pays to only deal with the best.